Booking Terms & Conditions
You can book one of our published itineraries for safari and trekking, or create your own program by contacting us.
Typically, you can spend a week on safari and/or a week on trekking, and then relax on a white sand beach in Zanzibar. However, all combinations are possible, depending on your personal preferences.
We can arrange airport transfers, including from/to Nairobi (Kenya) or any other transfer you may need.
A 30% non-refundable deposit for safari plus 100% payment for any flight are required to complete the booking process of your trip.
Thereafter, the payment for the remaining balance of 70% should be delivered to Open Africa Safaris 60 days before your departure date. We accept all major credit cards as well as debit cards trough PayPal. An invoice will be sent to you when you are ready to start the booking process with Open Africa Safaris.
For last minute reservations, payment conditions will change.
Payments and Protection:
We mainly receive payments through PayPal, wire transfer can also be made to our bank accounts in America where our sales office is located. All payments should be in USA currency (USD). Paying through PayPal, you can be sure that your money is 100% protected.
Contact us if anything seems suspicious so we can help you protect yourself from fraudulent charges against your account. When you are ready to book your tour, an invoice will be sent to you for you to complete the booking process. When you receive our PayPal invoice for payment, please click on “view your invoice,” and make sure that the following information below is included in the invoice:
27 John St Tamaqua, PA 18252 United States
Our Safari Vehicles:
Four wheel drive (4WD), Toyota Land Cruiser. Maximum number of passengers is 5 per safari vehicle, 6 passengers for extended safari vehicle, and guarantee window seat for every passenger.
Airline schedules may change and flights may be delayed or cancelled for a range of reasons, including but not limited to bad weather, air traffic control delays, strikes, technical disruptions, network changes and late inbound aircraft.
Accordingly, Open Africa Safaris does not guarantee that the airline will be able to carry you and your baggage in accordance with the date and time of the flights specified in your booking and is not responsible for any flight changes/delays/cancellations. Please contact us immediately if anything changes on your departure date after application.
Prior to tour departure, for cancellations received by us in writing:-
- If you cancel your tour a month before the tour start date, full deposit paid is non-refundable.
- 1 month or less prior or no show: 100% tour cost. There are no refunds for unused portions of the program. Therefore, refunds will not be made to clients who do not complete their tour for their own reason/s, whatsoever amendments made to the itinerary once paid for, may result in additional costs.
- If you cancel your tour one week after your total cost payment has been processed, you will receive refund of 75% from your total payment.
- A 50% refund will be made for those who cancel their tour 4 weeks to two months before start date.
- A 30% deposit is always used on paying for a client’s accommodations, and that is why is not refundable. However, if you extend your depart date within a year for any reason after you pay 30% deposit, your 30% deposit can be extended for one year. The money will only apply towards your trip cost if you visit Tanzania and book a tour though Open Africa Safaris within one year from your cancellation date.
- Therefore, all refunds are subject to wire transfer fees in case of cancellation.
- There will be no refund for any completed program.
Alterations of tours:
- To alter route and settlements in the itinerary, should conditions necessitate, for the benefit of the client.
- To subcontract all or part of the agreed tour.
- To replace a faulty vehicle and compensate hours lost, by extra safari hours or days.
- To change an accommodation (hotel, lodge, tented camp, guest house, camp site etc.) with another same-level accommodation.
It must be clearly understood that these are adventure safaris, and there are certain dangers and risks which are inevitable. Whilst every care is taken for the safety and comfort of our clients, the company accepts no liability for all or any of the following:
- Damage or loss of property of any client, howsoever caused.
- Sickness, infection, injury or death of the clients, howsoever caused.
- Change of itinerary due to road and weather conditions.
- Damages, directly or indirectly, arising out of delays in departure or arrival, including delays occasioned by the missing of road, rail, ship or aircraft connections.
- War and other rare calamities which may occur while on the safari.
All the above and other unexpected situations can arise before or during any type of vacation. Such an event might cause you to cut short your vacation or cause your trip to be cancelled all together. Unfortunately, because of the costs incurred by the tour operator, any cancellation after booking incurs financial penalties, up to and including loss of the entire package price. That’s why we strongly recommend a travel protection plan offered by an insurance company in your country.
For one low per-person price, you can buy peace of mind and keep your vacation worry-free. You can purchase insurance online with any insurance company.
Our company and agents, act only agents in all matters relating to these tours.
By making any payment, you have understood and agreed to our booking terms and conditions policy.